Thursday, July 30, 2009

AIPP ANNUAL AWARDS EXHIBITION 2009

If you want to have an hour or so wandering around the Glassworks in Kingston allow yourself enough time to have a look the the AIPP ACT Division's exhibition opening tomorrow.

Now I am bragging here as the opening also combines the award presentation of which this year I have three:

ACT AIPP Wedding Photographer of the Year 2009 (5th time in 9 years)
ACT AIPP Open Portfolio Award

ACT/NSW AIPP Highest Scoring Print Award.




The highest scoring print is an image that is a very emotional one for me as it is of one of my closest friends who died in January this year. I photographed Billy's journey through his illness since 2005 and he was always an amazingly willing participant in anything I wanted to capture of this journey, at times very difficult. His little dog, Bones, was his ever present companion and died a month after he did, for no apparent reason other than a broken heart. It was and has been a very emotional time but Billy would be soooo proud of me and I know he would have loved this image of his dog.

No comments: